Saturday, April 28, 2007

More Evidence of Globalization

A nice walking path at the Crabtree Nature Preserve near Barrington.

Just a quick note about the globalized economy in which we all now exist and some blogger tips.



Today at the local Jewel-Osco (grocery store, owned by Albertsons inc. in Boise, ID.) I was able to simultaneously purchase Polish beer and sample Southeastern Australian Wine. The beer came as a recommendation from my Polish co-worker. Funny how Polish beer was actually less expensive than many U.S. beers. I'll have to let you all know how it tastes.

Saturday at our grocery is sample day, and the liquor samples for today included, french liquor, Mexican tequila (as opposed to any other sort of tequila), and Australian wine. I tried Alice White's Shiraz (http://www.alicewhite.com/). Not bad, but I didn't purchase a bottle either. I'm curious if any of the Australians who might be reading this have tried this particular wine. If so, is it a good sample of what Australian wines taste like?

While there are many more impressive examples of globalization around me all the time, I caught myself thinking about the global economy while trying Australian wine, and buying Polish beer in Barrington, IL.



Note: To get a newsreel through blogger:

1) Log in to blogger.com
2) Select "Layout"
3) Click "Add Page Element"
4) Select the Top option in the left column titled "Newsreel"
5) Edit your new page element to select topics for your newsreel (e.g. Tour de France, LA Dodgers, and Barack Obama).
6) Also remember you can move page elements around your blog, on top like mine, in the footer, and in the sidebar.

Dad, did you see Amy's new blog button?

No comments: