Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Effects of Baby Powder on the Avg. Sofa!


A turtle who was hanging out at the Shedd Aqarium Garden.

Hi All,
I just wanted to share some of my photos from our recent venture to the Chicago Flower and Garden Show. This show has been away from downtown in recent years, but has made a return to Navy Pier. Below are a smattering of what I think are neat photos.
First, my version of a vanishing point photo:

Next, a rain apparatus for the Shedd Aqarium Garden, Note the drops in mid air!

And from a different angle with longer exposure, droplets turn into straight lines that look like fishing line, but it is water, I promise!


My personal favorite in the whole show:

Free Wallpaper! One Good, One Bad, You Choose!
Note: The roses are a close up section of a larger wall of roses. The weave is a basket top that was in the example roof top garden. The camera capture the brightness of both quite well.



This is for Amy. This is an example of a succulent plants bed that looked really nice. This was part of a rooftop garden exhibit; however it should succeed at any height.


This is what happens when the toddler gets a hold of the baby powder. He thinks since powder makes his behind feel better; baby powder makes everything better! Right!?! I have to admit, for 19 months old, his rationale is pretty decent! Needless to say our couch smells FANTASTIC!!




Admit it to yourself; you wish you were this flexible!!
More Brian photos and videos to follow in later posts.
-Paul





2 comments:

Jim said...

Yes, but how does the cat's behind smell?

Dan's Mom said...

HI Paul,
I borrowed the roses for my new desktop background. Thanks!
Aunt Patsy